WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Someone to exceed the expectations of our guests in foodservice delivery to a five- star standard, by creating unforgettable memories and to inspire and challenge your team to deliver them with passion.
- Co-ordinate and manage breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, room service and dinner service.
- Ensure that you maintain appropriate stock supplies and equipment for the kitchen.
- Ensure the implementation of self and Team Cook
- Co-ordinate the control of food to reduce wastage in line with agreed GP targets.
- Actively promote and utilise, herbs fruits and vegetables from the hotel kitchen garden.
- Induct and Train all members of the team so that they are confident and competent.
- Performance manage each member of your team.
- Manage team rotas to ensure productivity and work-life balance.
- Manage the stock and equipment to maintain adequate levels.
- Communicate effectively with the Kitchen team and other departments.
- Attend and contribute to meetings daily, weekly, monthly as necessary.
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the resort and what is on offer.
- Manage monthly quality audit checks.
- Monitor competitors and be aware of current trends
- Ensure a continuous level of self-development
- Monitor and record the kitchen team’s weekly hours to ensure a work/life balance
- Ensure the organisation and production of healthy, varied meals for the whole team daily.
ABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- A passion for food and producing creative and exciting dishes
- Dedication to food quality and control
- Self-motivated, pro-active and flexible
- Ability to forward think and plan ahead
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Problem solving and adapting in the kitchen
- 12 Months Experience in a similar role
- Available for the full season
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa
- Individually designed On-the-Job Training
- Personal Development Programme
- Promotional Opportunities
- Accommodation with Wi-Fi – all bills paid for
- Meals Provided On and Off Duty
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to a Gym/Mountain Bikes/Free Activities
- Friends and Family Discounts
ARE YOU OUR NEXT 1887 SOUS CHEF?
If you think you are the perfect person to join our team then we want to hear from you. Just click on the link below to apply.