WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for an experienced chef to take on the challenge of being part of our exciting kitchen and restaurant, offering food for breakfast and dinner for up to 40 people on a busy day
- Assist and manage breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, room service and dinner service.
- Ensure that you maintain appropriate stock supplies and equipment for the kitchen.
- Ensure the implementation of self and Team Cook
- To assist with the control of food to reduce wastage in line with agreed GP targets.
- Induct and Train all members of the team so that they are confident and competent.
- Performance manage each member of your team.
- Manage team rotas to ensure productivity and work-life balance.
- Manage the stock and equipment to maintain adequate levels.
- Communicate effectively with the Kitchen team and other departments.
- Attend and contribute to meetings daily, weekly, monthly as necessary.
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the resort and what is on offer.
- Manage monthly quality audit checks.
- Monitor competitors and be aware of current trends
- Ensure a continuous level of self-development
- Monitor and record the kitchen team’s weekly hours to ensure a work/life balance
- Ensure the organisation and production of healthy, varied meals for the whole team daily.
- Any other duties that may be required for the overall benefit of the company within range of skills of the job holder.
ABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Greet guests in a friendly, yet professional manner
- Communicate effectively with the kitchen team
- Ensure guests are happy and deliver a consistently high level of service
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the resort and what is on offer
- Available for the full season
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa
- Preferable some fine dining waiting experience although full training is given
- Individually designed On-the-Job Training
- Personal Development Programme
- Promotional Opportunities
- Accommodation with Wi-Fi – all bills paid for
- Meals Provided On and Off Duty
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to a Gym/Mountain Bikes/Free Activities
- Friends and Family Discounts
ARE YOU OUR NEXT SOUS CHEF – 1887 RESTAURANT
If you think you are the perfect person to join our team then we want to hear from you. Just click on the link below to apply.