WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
The Torridon is looking for a gardener who is keen to learn, develop and grow their skills working as the senior gardener. The role is open to anyone, regardless of experience, who demonstrates the want to learn.
Being part of a young and vibrant team will allow you to make new connections whilst working for one of the top hotels in the country!
- Manage and assist with the design and development of the garden and grounds.
- Co-ordinate the Garden experience for all guests.
- Liaise with the Head Chef in co-ordinating field to fork sustainability.
- Communicate effectively with the Maintenance team and other departments.
- Co-ordinate the stock and supplies for quality, variety and seasonality in the garden and grounds.
- Train and supervise the seasonal assistant so that they are confident and competent.
- Assist with the management of the health and safety for the department and record hazards.
- Attend and contribute to meetings daily, weekly, monthly as necessary.
- Ensure the department effectively recycles and environmental audits are carried out.
- Maintain garden tools and supplies
- Promote the garden via marketing channels, blogs and social media.
- Report any repairs required to outbuildings, paths and cold frame
- To ensure the hotel and inn fires are set in the morning and plenty of supply of wood and kindling for the day.
ABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- A passion for gardens and landscaping
- Dedication to planting, produce, livestock and design
- Self-motivated, pro-active and flexible
- Ability to forward think and plan ahead
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Problem solving in times of difficulty
- No Experience necessary just a passion to learn and develop
- Available for the full season
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa
- Individually designed On-the-Job Training
- Personal Development Programme
- Promotional Opportunities
- Accommodation with Wi-Fi – all bills paid for
- Meals Provided On and Off Duty
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to a Gym/Mountain Bikes/Free Activities
- Friends and Family Discounts
ARE YOU OUR NEXT SENIOR GARDENER?
If you think you are the perfect person to join our team then we want to hear from you. Just click on the link below to apply.