WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Assist in the administration of the outdoors activities to ensure that the expectations of our guests are exceeded to a five-star standard, by creating unforgettable outdoor experiences.
- Deal with all guest enquiries, reservations and requests and follow-up with appropriate telephone/mail/email correspondence.
- Ensure that all guests, team and visitors receive an outstanding welcome and first impression of Torridon Outdoors at all times.
- Ensure appropriate instructors are informed of activities to meet the guests’ requests.
- Assist with daily general administration, typing and office work.
- Assist with the management of Hart booking system to ensure that it is always up to date and correct.
- Ensure that outdoors rates and tariff sheets are relevant and up to date.
- Assist with the planning and organisation of outdoor activities as required.
- Assist with the cleaning and maintenance of outdoor equipment as required to ensure quick turnaround of activities, as necessary.
- Responsibility for self-development and improve overall performance.
ABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Ideally have at least two years activity/instructional experience.
- Experience working with a broad range of clientele, children, and adults.
- Must be friendly and presentable.
- Must be enthusiastic.
- Must work well as part of a small departmental team within the broader framework of a luxury hotel.
- Level 1 or 2 Kayak Coach
- Summer ML
- Full clean driving license
- 16hr First Aid Course
- Previous work experience of assisting/instructing kayaking
- Previous work experience of instructing archery
- Must have good attention to detail.
- Must be customer focused at all times and be able to interact with guests ensuring a comfortable and relaxed environment.
- Should be flexible & able to multi-task.
- Must have an interest in the environment and local area.
- Must have good sales techniques.
- Must be willing to learn and keen to enhance own personal development.
- Must be willing and able to live in a rural area
- Must be willing to take on alternative ‘front of house’ / hospitality roles if required during busy periods.
- 3* Sea kayak or sea kayak leader
- RCI trained / assessed
- Trail cycle leader or British Cycling Level 2
- Bike maintenance experience and or qualification
- Outdoor First Aid (e.g: BASP 2 day)
- Experience delivering gorge scrambling/coasteering sessions
- Active kayaker/climber/mountaineer in personal time
- Experience delivering clay pigeon shooting (12 and 20 bore shotguns)
- Any other relevant instructional qualifications, (e.g: JSML, TCL, MBL, DofE Assessor, First Aid Trainer)
- Any other relevant instructional experience (i.e: leading expeditions, etc)
- Minibus and trailer (D1+E license)
Are you our next Outdoor Support Assistant?
If you think you are the perfect person to join our team then we want to hear from you. Just click on the link below to apply.Apply Now