The Torridon Manager Training Programme – 1-2 Year programme
First Year at entry management Level Supervisor or Assistant Manager depending on experience. Suitable for someone who is looking for their first management role, either as a graduate from university or has completed an SVQ level 3 or equivalent. Directly reports to the Resort Assistant Manager.
Year 1 - Work in each department as a supervisor for 3 months
- Housekeeping Supervisor
- 1887 Restaurant Supervisor and or Bo and Muc Restaurant Supervisor
- Receptionist Front of House Supervisor
- Kitchen – Optional
Year 2 – Assist the Office Management Team in their main roles: At least 4 weeks experience in each area.
Operational Assistant -Support the Assistant Manager and Operations Director with running the property front of house day to day, incorporating, Health & Safety, Pastoral care and Team, Productivity, Financial Analysis, Customer Care and Service, Quality Assessment and Service Delivery.
Marketing Assistant – Assist with promotional projects, social media, research and management presentations as required.
Recruitment and On-Boarding Assistant – Assist the Recruitment manager with Interview and Selection, Advertising Roles, Data analysis and produce recommendations to the leadership team as necessary.
Training and HR Assistant – Support and assist the Training at The Torridon, learn how to facilitate and deliver training, as necessary. Support the pastoral care of the team and assist with facilitating offboarding process. Present and produce reports to the Leadership Team as necessary.
Training over the 2 years
- Supervisor Training
- Customer service training
- Leadership Training – 9 week on-site courseWSET Level 1 and 2
- Practical Trainer Qualification
- Operational Mentoring with Ross
- Developing Coaching skills
- 1-1 Coaching and Development
- First Aid
- Mental Health First Aid
- Create a strategy project you have identified from your first year – design and propose a plan for implementation.
- Personality profiling – showing your strengths and areas for opportunity.
- £250 personal development bonus.
- Group Trainer Qualification
- Weekend experience at an outstanding property of your choice from POB and LS in the UK
- Interview and recruitment Training