We are looking for someone
To assist with the operational management of the day to day running of the resort and to assist with the management of the team to ensure they are working in a positive, productive, friendly and fun environment. Exceed the expectations of our guests in guest service to a five- star standard, by creating unforgettable memories and to inspire and challenge our team to deliver them with passion.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES - Duty Manager
- Duty manage a shift and ensure you are available to deal with any guest, team, supplier enquiries as necessary.
- Assist with the management of health and safety for the resort including fire and emergency procedures and record hazards.
- To carry out any health and safety training for the resort as instructed by the DO (to include alcohol awareness, allergens and COHSE).
- To be responsible for the night-time emergency procedures for the resort.
- To oversee the smooth running of the 1887 Restaurant in the absence of the Restaurant Manager.
- Assist with the pastoral care of the team who live on-site and ensure their health and well-being is looked after.
- To conduct monthly staff accommodation checks, audits and produce reports.
- To co-ordinate the Staff Rep’s meeting and report as necessary.
- In the absence of any of the resorts HOD’s conduct their department’s inductions, training and one to one meetings and reviews.
- Host and coordinate the five-star experience at the hotel for all guests including the check-in/welcome procedures and departure/check-out procedures.
- To oversee the presentation and stocking of the front of house to a five-star standard.
- To bi-monthly assist the yield management for the company to ensure maximum occupancy levels and best average room rates are achieved in line the annual company targets.
- To bi-monthly produce room sales reports – including ADR and REV Par.
- Co-ordinate, attend and contribute to meetings daily, weekly, monthly as necessary. Support and co-ordinate all departments as necessary if required, e.g. short staffed.
ABILITIES & EXPECTATIONS
- Understanding of 5 Star service delivery
- Self-motivated, pro-active and flexible.
- Ability to forward think and plan ahead.
- Ability to work calmly under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to create a fun, motivational environment.
- Excellent timekeeping and reliability.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to train others.
- At least 12 months management experience.
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa.
- Professional Food and Wine Knowledge.
- Passionate and Professional.
- Ability to use Excel/Word and Computer Literate.
- Individually designed On-the-Job Training
- Personal Development Programme
- Promotional Opportunities
- Accommodation with Wi-Fi – all bills paid for
- Meals Provided On and Off Duty
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Access to a Gym/Mountain Bikes/Free Activities
- Friends and Family Discounts
ARE YOU OUR NEXT DUTY MANAGER?
If you think you are the perfect person to join our team then we want to hear from you. Just click on the links below to view the prospectus or apply.