WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for positive, productive and friendly candidates who are keen to progress their skills in the kitchen in our Chef Apprenticeship programme.
This is a 2.5 year programme which will result in our apprentices becoming fully trained Commis Chefs as well as additional skills, masterclasses, training and development to take their skills to the next level.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES - TRAINEE COMMIS CHEF
- Assist with the food preparation for breakfast, lunch, afternoon tea, room service, dinner service for hotel and inn kitchens
- Assist with the implementation of self and Team Cook Safe
- Assist with the control of food to reduce wastage in line with agreed GP targets
- Inform senior team of low stock to maintain adequate levels
- Assist with the cleaning of the kitchen and storage areas
- Assist with the preparation and production of healthy, varied meals for the whole team daily
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
1st Stage – 18 months
First year apprentices will receive supplementary masterclasses in:
- Knife Skills
2nd Stage – Level 2 SVQ 12 months + Level 3 SVQ
Masterclasses and training on:
- Foraging and Deer Stalking
- Preservation Methods
- Advanced Fish Mongery
- Kitchen Management
ABILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Communicate effectively with all teams and departments
- Ensure guests are happy and deliver a consistently high level of quality and service
- Be a part of The Torridon Culture, actively promoting our behaviours and core values
- Take ownership of the apprenticeship training and ensure that any deadlines are met
- Must be between 18 – 24 years old
- Available for a 2.5-year contract for the duration of the apprentice scheme
- UK/EU passport and/or valid visa
- Available from Spring 2019
ARE YOU OUR NEXT APPRENTICE?
If you think you are the perfect person to join our team then we want to hear from you. Just click on the link below to apply.