I found myself looking through various websites and auctions and then I saw it – Bowmore Adelphi limited release. I have to admit anything that says limited on it generally means I will buy it. We have 1 of 603 bottles produced. As Islay is my personal favourite whisky region, Bowmore was always going to be high on the list.
A little history of Bowmore:
- 1779 Distillery founded by John Simpson on the shores of Lochindaal.
- 1852 W & J. Mutter acquired the distillery.
- 1925 Sold to Sherrif’s Bowmore Distillery.
- 1950 Taken over by William Grigor & Sons Ltd.
- 1963 Sold to Stanley P. Morrison.
- 1994 Morrison Bowmore Distillers Ltd became part of Suntory of Japan.
Adelphi bottles single malt Scotch whiskies from only the very best single casks available. No two casks mature their contents the same and with only 100-700 bottles produced from one cask, Adelphi single malt bottlings are both rare and highly sought after.
Colleen’s tasting notes
Nose: Heather, slight smoke, grass, hazelnuts
Palate: Slight citric notes on the front with a burst of smoke coming through with some vanilla bean and oily notes.
Finish: long ( I cannot wait to try again)
This is a fantastic whisky and the more I sample it, the more it grows on me.