In celebration of World Cocktail Day on the 13th of May, discover the ‘Northern Light’ cocktail, inspired by the stunning celestial experiences available at The Torridon, and our very own Arcturus gin, named after one of the brightest stars in the galaxy, a giant red star that is around 3 billion years old.
An aromatic, crisp, clean gin with a dry finish, Arcturus is best served shaken or stirred in a gin cocktail. The ‘Northern Light’ is a sweet take on the classic Martini, using sugar syrup and apple juice with a warming dash of Calvados, all refreshingly stirred over ice. Try the quirky twist on a classic yourself, for a taste of The Torridon at home.
- Half fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add the gin, sugar syrup and ginger beer/apple juice.
- Squeeze ½ lime into it and stir for 20 seconds.
- Fill a martini glass with crushed ice.
- Pour the cocktail into the glass, top it up with extra ice and add the garnish of choice.
- Add a dash of calvados to finish.
- Serve with a cocktail napkin and offer the possibility of two cocktail straws.